Cardiovascular diseases are the main cause of disability and mortality worldwide. Over 17 million people die each year from these pathologies. Because of that, cardiology remains one of the key medical fields. Cardiovascular mortality rate does not exceed 4.3% in Israel, in the USA - 4.7%, in Western Europe - 5-9%, and in developing countries - 48-57%. Treatment abroad is the only hope for hundreds of thousands of cardiac patients.
CARDIOVASCULAR DIAGNOSTICS IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES
The key to the successful treatment lies in a timely and accurate diagnosis.
The sooner the correct diagnosis is identified, the sooner the treatment can start,significantly increasing the patient’s chances of recovery.
Foreign clinics use following methods:
Coronary arteriography - and invasive X-ray examination of vessels using a contrast agent. Detects the location and narrowing of the arteries;
Contrast ventriculography - X-ray of a heart with a contrast agent. Determines cardiac chamber volumes, ventricular contractility. Detects atrial septal and heart valve defects;
MRI Angiography (MRA) - magnetic resonance imaging of coronary arteries. Used when coronary arteriography can’t be performed;
Echocardiography (ECHO-CG) - ultrasound examination of the heart. Essential in detecting functional heart diseases;
Holter monitor test - electrophysiological examination of the heart and vessels. Performed with the use of a special portable device. Shows heart performance and blood pressure surges in the routine environment;
Multislice computed tomography - heart and vessel examination using an advanced rotating tomograph. The procedure is used to study coronary arteries, thoracic aorta, pulmonary artery and the heart itself;
Electron beam computed tomography - ultra-fast scanning of the cardiovascular system via electron waves. Used to detect coronary heart disease;
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) - creates a nucleic magnetic resonance to make a three-dimensional image of the patient’s heart and vessels.
OVERSEAS TREATMENT OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
The two general approaches towards the treatment of cardiovascular diseases in foreign countries are medication therapy and surgical intervention. In cases when medical treatment doesn’t bring sufficient results, invasive cardiac surgery is implemented. The methods include:
- coronary angioplasty - a minimally invasive procedure used to narrow enlarged vessels;
- balloon angioplasty involves insertion of a catheter with an inflatable balloon into the artery;
- stenting technique - placement of a specially designed stent in the narrowed artery;
- radio-frequency catheter ablation (RFA) helps to eliminate heart rhythm disturbances by destroying the source of arrhythmia through electric currents;
- pacemaker insertion. Includes cardiostimulators, cardioverters, and defibrillators.
WORLD LEADING CARDIOLOGICAL HOSPITALS
Today, many effective methods for treating cardiovascular diseases have been developed.
However, these latest developments aren’t available everywhere.
In this aspect, the world-leading countries are Western Europe, South Korea, Israel, and the USA.
The leading medical centers specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular pathologies are:
- Deutsches Herzzentrum München (Germany, Munich);
- Rechts der Isar Klinikum (Germany, Munich);
- American Heart of Poland Clinics (Poland, Bielsko-Biala);
- Kardiolita (Lithuania, Vilnius);
- Medical Park Network (Turkey, Bursa, Istanbul);
- Medistate Hospital (Turkey, Bursa, Istanbul);
- Memorial Network (Turkey, Antalya, Istanbul);
- Hisar Intercontinental (Turkey, Istanbul);
- Kangbuk Samsung Hospital (Korea, Seoul);
COST OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE TREATMENT ABROAD
The diagnostic and treatment cost of cardiovascular diseases abroad depends on many factors. That includes the particular methods used, the clinic itself and the country where it is located. Medicine of India, Lithuania, Poland, and Turkey is the most affordable. There is little but no difference in service quality if compared with the most prestigious hospitals. For example, the average cost of the same coronary stenting procedure depending on the country:
|Country ||Cost |
|Indian clinics ||from $2,200 |
|Lithuanian clinics ||from €2,100 |
|Polish clinics ||from €3,000 |
|Turkish clinics ||from $2,950 or more |
|German clinics ||from €7,000 |
|Spanish clinics ||from €6,800 |
|Korean clinics ||from $6,500 |
|Thai clinics ||from $5,000 |
To learn the price of medical procedures,specifically - diagnostics and treatment of cardiovascular diseases abroad, contact MediGlobus specialists.
GET A FREE CONSULTATION