Vivantes Hospital Group is the largest group of city hospitals in Germany.
The network of clinics is characterized by the availability of a full range of high-quality medical and nursing care "diagnostics - treatment - rehabilitation", world-famous doctors, as well as medical technologies of the latest generation.
The Vivantes Group has existed for 16 years, but its hospitals have more than 140 years of history.
Today the Vivantes Health care Network consist of more than 100 clinics, institutes and centers. Namely: 9 hospitals in Berlin, 13 nursing homes, outpatient rehabilitation centers, numerous medical care centers, ambulatory care, hospices, and subsidiaries for catering, cleaning and laundry.
One third of all patients in Berlin are annually treated in one of the Vivantes Medical Centers: a total of almost half a million procedures per year.
This number has been growing steadily for many years, which means that patients trust Vivantes.
And there are reasons for this: thousands of highly qualified doctors work here, 150 of which are world-famous specialists.
Vivantes Hospital Group in numbers:
- 5,600 beds;
- 14,909 staff;
- 235 622 inpatients per year;
- 322 503 outpatients per year;
- 640,910 days of care for the elderly;
- 483 conferences in the field of oncology;
- 53 million EUR per year of investments from own funds.
Popular clinics of the Vivantes network:
- Vivantes Clinic Auguste-Victoria (interdisciplinary medical center in the south-west of Berlin, works at the Medical University of Berlin);
- Vivantes Humboldt Hospital (one of the main hospitals in Berlin, cooperates with the academic hospital Charite);
- Vivantes Clinic Am Urban (located in the center of Berlin, has a long history, the third in the city clinic);
- Vivantes Clinic Kaulsdorf (multi-field clinic with 10 specialized departments);
- Friedrichshain Clinic (one of the oldest clinics in Berlin with more than 140 years of medical practice and research);
- Vivantes Clinic Neukolln (included in the TOP-hospitals of Germany in 2017 according to the magazine Focus);
- Vivantes Clinic Spandau (a multidisciplinary city hospital);
- Vivantes Clinic Wenkhebach (best in the areas of internal medicine, psychiatry, surgery, traumatology and geriatrics).
Innovation and research in Vivantes
Vivantes has a special potential, thanks to cooperation with the university clinical complex Charite. In addition to practical activities, many doctors of Vivantes are innovators in the highest category of medicine and are actively engaged in medical science, university education, clinical research and active participation in the scientific associations. In order to promote and coordinate research within the Vivantes group, a special Office for Clinical Research and Academic Training was established.
The chronology of the achievements of the Vivantes Hospital Group over the past 10 years:
- 2016: a cardiac catheterization laboratory was established in the Viventes Wenckebach clinic. In addition to patients with a heart attack and stenocardia , in a new cardiac catheterization laboratory, it is now possible to treat patients with interventional arrhythmia. Modern 3-D imaging techniques allow not only to deliver a super-accurate diagnosis, but also to improve treatment methods, such as closing the left atrial appendage with an occluder in the therapy of atrial fibrillation. In addition, in a new laboratory, patients with atrial and atrial septal defects can be treated by an interventional, non-invasive method.
- 2015: the Vivantes Auguste-Victoria clinic group of infectious diseases received he “HIV awareness" award. The clinic has demonstrated high standards in inpatient and outpatient care for patients with HIV and AIDS. Also, the comprehensive support provided by outpatient centers of excellence in the Vivantes Clinic played an important role in obtaining the award.
- 2014: an innovative Robotic Da Vinci Robot Surgery unit appeared in the Vivantes Humboldt Clinic. It was purchased at the clinic for use in urologic as well as abdominal surgery. Da Vinci's robotic system is capable of increasing the surgical area by a factor of 10 and producing result in the 3-D format.
- 2014: The Vivantes network, together with the DEKRA hospital group, has developed the highest standards of patient safety.
- 2013: Own kindergarten is opened in the territory of the Vivantes Friedrichshain hospital.
- 2012: the Vivantes network together with a group of Charité clinics founded the largest laboratory in Europe. The hospital laboratory building is 4 000 sq. M. Was built in Berlin. The staff of the laboratory is more than 400 employees.
- 2012: Vivantes Clinic August-Victoria received the status of "Baby-friendly hospital". Earlier, VIVANTAS Humboldt and Vivantes Friedrichshain clinics were awarded the UNICEF quality awards.
- 2012: Hospice Vivantes is set up in the basis of the hospital Vivantes Wenckebach.
- 2010: The Vivantes Group received several awards from the Institute for Training in Healthcare (IbBG).
- 2009: the sports society of Vivantes is founded (sports such as badminton, football, judo, Taiji, dancing and tennis).
- 2009: The Federation for Environmental Protection and Nature Conservation of Germany (Bund Berlin) awarded the Vivantes Neukolln clinic status "Energy Saving Hospital".
- 2008: the Vivantes Cancer Center was established as an all-encompassing organization of Vivantes in oncology. It included three oncological centers of the North, Center and South regions.