Koç University Hospital became operational in September 2014 as a research and training hospital. With the completion of the second phase of the Health Sciences Campus, the hospital increased its capacity to 404 inpatient rooms and 73 intensive care unit beds.
With 220.000 m2 net area, Health Sciences Campus including medical school, nursing school, research laboratories and advanced learning center aims to contribute to qualified human capital in healthcare sector with its innovative approach and dynamic team at North American standards.
The management of the Koc University Hospital Istanbul closely follows the correspondence of the equipment in the center with the universally recognized world standards.The hospital is working under the university, which is a relatively young but authoritative medical school with great academic potential.
Much attention is paid to the development and improvement of the tactics of treatment of cancer, hematological diseases, cardiovascular diseases, neurosurgical and other pathologies.
The specialists of the clinic pay special attention to pediatric oncohematology, especially bone marrow transplantation and chemotherapy. The specialists of the Koc University Hospital apply an exclusive multidisciplinary approach to each case, such comprehensive tactic has proved itself in many leading medical institutions not only in Turkey but also in Europe over the years of practice.
WHAT IS TREATED IN THE KOC UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
The Koç Hospital, is working on the problems and improvement of the treatment of cancer, hematological, cardiovascular diseases, endocrinology and metabolism, obesity, diabetes, adrenal dysfunction.
An important specialty in the clinic is oncohematology, doctors conduct bone marrow transplantation and chemotherapy. Bone marrow transplantation is carried out exclusively for adult patients in the hospital.
The clinic is equipped according to generally accepted standards of medicine in the field of hematology. The Department of BMT has special sterile boxes with powerful airflow filtration systems, which significantly reduces the risk of developing secondary infection in patients on high-dose chemotherapy or patients who have already completed hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
On the basis of the clinic there are departments of neurosurgery and neurological diseases. The treatment of complex neuro-oncological pathologies, functional disorders of the cerebral cortex, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's disease, essential tremor is being carried out.
In the pulmonology department, doctors together with oncologists diagnose and treat lung tumors, pulmonary hypertension and insufficiency.
Clinic has other developed areas such as: gastroenterology, traumatology, orthopedics, plastic surgery and cosmetic dermatology. Multidisciplinary approach is adopted to the diagnosis and treatment, taking into account the individual characteristics of each patient. This improves the results of the examination and provides an environment to create the most optimal treatment plan. Such tactics are used in leading medical institutions of the world.
MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AT THE KOC UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Thanks to the Wehbi Koç Foundation and the attention of the management, the clinic has innovative equipment for the diagnosis and therapy of patients.
Technical equipment of the clinic for the treatment of cancer patients:
- Radiotherapy Varian, Trilogy® System Linear Accelerator - the device is intended for radiation therapy of cancer patients. With the help of the built-in thermal imaging, the location of the tumor is determined with millimeter accuracy and radiological radiation is directed accurately. This device reacts to the slightest movement of the tumor, which prevents radiation from entering the healthy tissue.
- Brachytherapy with the help of Nucletron Microselectron HDR - allows them to effectively and safely treat patients with cancer, including cancer of the prostate gland, cervix, nasopharynx.
Department of Radiology is equipped with advanced equipment for high-quality diagnostics, among which special attention should be paid to:
- PET / CT GE Discovery 710 - an advanced state-of-the-art device that opens up new possibilities and limits in diagnostics. Detailed images help to accurately determine the extent of the disease, the effectiveness of treatment and determine the future strategy, which improves the quality of therapy and the chances of recovery.
- MRI scanners (including 3 Tesla MRI) - Premium systems that cope with complex diagnostic tasks and provide the highest resolution images. This is an advantage in diagnosing and determining further treatment of patients.
- Multislice computer tomography (including ultrafast computed tomography) allow them to obtain detailed three-dimensional images for the study of diseases with the greatest safety for the patient. Also, diagnostic rooms have advanced devices for fluoroscopy and angiography, systems for stereotactic biopsy, digital mammographs and X-rays.
CERTIFICATES: ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM ISO 9001