Yeditepe University Hospital is one of the institution of the medical group Yeditepe, founded in 2005 by the Istanbul Educational Foundation (ISTEK). Yeditepe institution is one of the modern and respectable clinics in Turkey.
Annually about 30,000 patients from different countries visit the hospital for the purpose of diagnosis and treatment. Involving modern technology and many years of unrivaled experience in the field of medicine made the medical center of Yeditepe one of the most advanced and well-known multidisciplinary hospitals in Europe.
The University hospital of Yeditepe has an integrated smart control system for all processes taking place in a medical facility, being one of the first smart hospitals in the region. Additionally in 2016, the medical institute of Yeditepe Healthcare Group emerged as the first absolutely antibacterial clinic in Turkey.
The hospital is certified by the Joint Commission International(JCI), the highest international standard of medicine, which confirms the clinic's compliance with international quality and safety standards for the provision of medical services.
The goal of the hospital is to lead in the field of innovative medicine and modern medical technologies. For more than 10 years of successful practice and due to the constant scientific research activity the hospital has made number of outstanding achievements in the field of medicine.
Achievements of Yeditepe clinic:
- the first successful heart transplantation in Turkey;
- the first successful intervention with the replacement of the heart with a fully artificial pump;
- in the basis of the hospital there is the availability of the only licensed blood bank in Turkey
Today, the Yeditepe University Hospital is a set of narrowly specialized medical units and centers:
- Institute of Neurosurgery
- Department of bone marrow transplantation
- Center for blood transfusion
- Center for Genetic Diagnosis
- Center for Radiology and Medical Imaging
- Intensive care and intensive care unit
- Ophthalmology Clinic
- Dental clinic
- The Department of Reproductive medicine (IVF center)
- Genetic laboratory
- Clinic for sleep disorders
- Department of Diagnosis and Treatment of Breast Diseases
- Microsurgery Department
- Hematology Department
- Center for Organ and Biological Tissue Transplantation
- Center for Spine Surgery
- Neurological unit
- Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Department of Nuclear Medicine and Radiology
- Center for Cellular Therapy and Regenerative Medicine
- Center for Chest and Airway Surgery
- Oncology Center
- Department of Heart Disease, Cardiac Surgery and Rhythm Disorders
Why is Yeditepe University Hospital the leader in healthcare, education and research
Yeditepe University Hospital is known for its wide application of innovative methods in treatment of Parkinson's disease & surgical treatment of epilepsy. The statistical data show high survival rates after liver, kidney transplantation, bone marrow transplantation for children and adults.
Yeditepe Hospital has about 750 medical partner-centers around the world which allows to conduct joint practice with leading foreign specialists and exchange academic experience in the field of medicine. To date, the hospital has about 4,000 employees, 50 of whom are world-renowned professors. The main principle of the hospital is the use of a multidisciplinary approach in patient’s treatment, where each medical case is observed separately taking into account all aspects of the patient's situation. This makes it possible to determine the most optimal protocol for further treatment.