International Medical Network Medicana is one of the largest networks of medical institutions in the region. Medicana hospitals group occupy leading positions among the most high-tech medical centers in Turkey. Quality and safety of services in institutions of Medicana complies with the latest international health standards and the level of centers are compared with the top world leaders in medicine.
First clinic was founded in 1995, today the Medicana network consist of 9 modern medical centers (two of which are highly advanced Dental centers), specialized institutions and research departments. The leading clinics of the group are situated in Istanbul, Ankara, Konya and Samsun.
Medicana in figures:
- 1338 patient beds for inpatient treatment;
- more than 550 highly qualified physicians, 200 of whom are professors;
- hospital personnel over 3500 people;
- 41 000 surgical interventions on the heart;
- more than 20 000 orthopedic interventions;
- over 500 successful kidney transplants;
- over 200 liver transplants;
- over 1 000 000 patients per year.
The Medicana clinics are accredited by the JCI (Joint Commission International) which approves the network's compliance with the "gold standards" of global medicine. After obtaining accreditation, the Quality Management Department was established on the basis of medical centers which strictly controls the conformity of the technological base, as well as the qualification of personnel to the JCI standards.
Within the city of Istanbul there are three large clinics of this network: Medicana International Istanbul, Medicana Bahçelievler, Medicana Çamlıca.