HELIOS is the largest private clinics network in Europe. Helios has been working for 30 years in the medical market of premium quality services. All 112 clinics of the group carry out an intensive interdisciplinary exchange of knowledge, as well as experience for the rapid and effective implementation of innovations.
Helios Health Care Center is an expert in all fields of medicine, from outpatient and inpatient emergency therapy, to rehabilitation and professional care for the elderly patients.
HELIOS is the leading operator of private hospitals in Europe with more than 100 thousand staff of highly qualified personnel.
The Helios Health Care Center includes HELIOS clinics in Germany and Quirónsalud in Spain.
Helios Clinic's infrastructure
- 112 emergency hospitals and postoperative care clinics, including maximum care hospitals in Berlin, Duisburg, Erfurt, Krefeld, Schwerin, Wiesbaden and Wuppertal;
- 78 outpatient clinics;
- 18 prevention centers;
- 13 homes for the elderly.
Annually in the Helios Health Care Center more than 5.2 million patients are treated, of which about 1.3 million patients are treated on stationary basis. The group's hospitals are designed for a total of 35,000 seats.
The Spanish network Quirónsalud has 43 clinics, 39 ambulatory medical centers and 300 corporate healthcare management facilities. The group is represented in all economically important cities of Spain. Quirónsalud employs 35,000 people. Helios hospitals annually accepts more than a million foreign patients
10th anniversary of the Helios network achievements in facts
- 2016: the conclusion of the agreement on the purchase of the Spanish hospital group Quironsalud (43 hospitals with a turnover of about 2.5 billion) enabled the network of Helios hospitals to become the largest hospital operator in Germany; Helios initiated a program for the correct treatment of antibiotics.
- 2015: three HELIOS modeling centers have been established to implement high standards of staff training; In Leipzig, a new cooperation agreement has been signed between the university, the university hospital and the heart center for the sustainable development of cardiology.
- 2015: the new Helios hub platform is launched - the first in Germany database for developing digital solutions and integrating them into the life of hospital networks.
- 2013: in the clinics of the network, the number of cases of infection with methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, per 1000 patients, was reduced by 33% compared to 2009.
- 2012: Helios Hospital Group has achieved more than 90% of its targets.
- 2011: 5 million euros were additionally allocated for further education and training of Helios employees.
- 2009: Unique cooperation with the University Medical Center of Göttingen was initiated; The Quality Management Initiative (IQM) showed good results.
- 2008: Switzerland, based on the indicators of the Helios group, introduces quality parameters as a pilot project throughout the country; The Helios group becomes a corporate member of Transparency Internationally.
- 2007: construction and opening in a three year period of the Helios Berlin-Buch clinic - the most modern clinic in Europe, to which the Helios medical group invested 200 million euros.