The Asklepios Medical group is a network of 150 modern medical institutions in 14 federal districts of Germany where more than 2 million patients visit annually.
The Asklepios medical group was founded in 1985 and today it is one of the largest networks of private clinics in Germany.
The main focus of Asklepios is delivering high-quality medicine. The network employs more than 46,000 employees, among which a large proportion are of world-famous doctors of certain specialties.
In the medical centers of Asklepios, more than 2 million patients are treated every year. Clinics of this network have a total of 26, 500 patient beds.
The clinics network of Asklepios belongs to the company MediClin AG since September 2011.
It is a nationwide clinic operator and a major provider of services in the field of neurology, psychosomatics, psychiatry, orthopedics and geriatrics.
Asklepios covers the entire range of medical care services. In the clinics network of the Asklepios (specialists, methods of therapy and equipment) everything is available, which the patient may need at any stage of treatment and rehabilitation.
At the disposal of Asklepios there are the MEDILYS laboratories, where more than 18 million tests are performed each year.
In Asklepios higher attention is paid to quality management. Special programs that provide patient safety, hygiene and optimization of processes and structures are constantly updated here.
The network of Asklepios includes:
- six powerful multi-specialty hospitals;
- the largest center for pediatric heart surgery in Germany;
- the leading center of pneumology;
- ultramodern orthopedic center in Bad Abbach;
- one of the largest maternity clinics in Germany (Hamburg-Alton);
- one of the largest German psychiatric clinics.
Achievements of the Asklepios Clinics Network:
- The Asklepios Medical Group is the first certified in accordance with the EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) in Germany.
- Asklepios Stadtklinik Bad Tolz is the first clinic to have a national certificate of CTQ (Quality and Transparency in Healthcare Cooperation).
- Asklepios clinic GmbH has contract withthe acquisition of the LBK clinic in Hamburg. Thanks to this, Asklepios today manages the largest private hospital network in Europe.
- The Asklepios group is recognized by the BQS (Patient Quality and Safety Institute).
- Asklepios launched the first online library for employees, which provided access to medical journals, books and databases in full text format.
- Asklepios is one of the largest operators in the hospitals of psychiatric medicine in Germany, including a forensic medical examination.
- Asklepios has created one of the largest video archives in Germany (available on YouTube channel), which helps doctors and patients find the information they need.
- The orthopedic clinic Lindenlohe of the Asklepios network has created a unique register of endoprostheses in Germany.
- Asklepios is recognized as one of the best employers in Germany (Stadtrod Hospital and Hohwald Orthopedic Clinic).
- In 2014, the cardiologists of the Asklepios Clinic, headed by Prof. Cook performed a 1000-th operation to install aortic valve.
- The Asklepios Hospital in Hamburg is one of the few in the world that uses the bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper handles and copper light switches to create a "hospital without germs environment".
- Asklepios Barmbek Clinic is one of the world leaders in the treatment of liver diseases.
- The Asklepios Clinic is the winner of the German Patient Safety Prize.
- Asklepios is a pioneer in online care for mentally ill people.
- The Asklepios Clinic Network - the holder of the BGM Award "Health Management" (October 2015 | Social Responsibility).