The American hospital in Istanbul is the first non-profit private medical institution within the framework of the Vehbi Koç Foundation. The Foundation invests in the hospital all the time to introduce new technologies and improve the professional level of all employees. The clinic was accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI, USA) in 2002. Only 200 medical institutions accredited by the JCI in whole world.
One of the fundamental goals is to satisfy not only the patient’s needs for medical services, but also the general services. The institution operates exclusively according to American standards, but American hospital in Istanbul offers much lower prices.
The hospital is equipped with the latest technology for radiological research. Here, digital neuroangiography and magnetic resonance imaging are used. They treat hypersomnia and insomnia.
The Department of Cardiovascular Surgery undertakes operations of any complexity, including operations to replace cardiac valves and shunt for children under the age of one year. Post-operative care corresponds to American standards.It was here that the first medical school was opened at the clinic in Turkey. To this day, the school develops and uses specialized nursing training courses for patient care.
The American hospital in Istanbul is located in the center of the capital and covers an area of 11,000 square meters. The institution has 33 specialized departments, 16 private units and 670 doctors. Another 1,000 representatives of support staff is daily on duty to ensure the maximum safety and comfort of patients. Annually, the hospital serves over 150,000 patients.
Advantages of the American hospital Istanbul in facts:
- Doctors, nurses, patient care, diagnostic, treatment and management practices are carried out according to North American standards for 97 years.
- The Diagnostic Center and Endocrinology Department uses the latest technological and technical developments of Canadian and American scientists. All staff members take compulsorily training and are educated abroad particularly in North America.
- The American hospital in Istanbul is the only clinic in Turkey and one of the few in the world, where laser treatment of decreased eyesight in people aged 40+ is conducted.
- Doctors of the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Department work around the clock (3 doctors in the afternoon and 2 doctors at night) to conduct the necessary daily procedures. This working group was established in 1995 and despite all the re-structuring to the institution, it remained unchanged.
- The Obstetrics and Gynecology Department was formed in 1996 and has since been rightfully considered one of the most successful in Turkey. There are over 1500 treatment cycles. Today this department is transferred to the renovated premises with large operating and fully furnished chambers.
- Heart surgery department accepts patients of all ages, including children. Operations are carried out to replace heart valves, cardio-oncological and coronary operations, the operations of the main cervical artery and aneurysm of the main cardiac artery.
- Doctors of the oncology department are highly qualified and world renown specialists in field of both medical and radiation oncology, particularly in treatment of prostate, uterine cancer, pharynx and lymphatic tumors; These specialists facilitate the surgical operations with the removal of microscopic tumors that remain after surgery; reducing swelling; elimination pain and contraction of the nerves associated with the tumor.
- Prices in American hospital in Istanbul are lower than in European countries with advanced healthcare.
Values of the clinic
- Patient safety is a priority.
- Exclusively effective and high-quality treatment of patients.
- All practices are on the basis of ethical standards.
- Create a reliable and transparent system of medical care, relying on social responsibility.