The multispecialty Gachon University Gil Medical Center is considered one of the best in Asia.
Initially, the hospital was presented as a gynecological center which later on converted to a multidisciplinary institute.
Ministry of Health of South Korea in 2014 recognized the establishment as the best in research and invention of new technologies in medicine.
The Gil hospital has been accredited by JCI (an international certificate of this kind has been awarded to only 200 clinics around the world).
The clinic is unique as: the first in the country providing service of medical evacuation, the best cancer center and the first regional center of traumatology in Korea.
Today the Gil medical center includes 5 hospitals, 6 specialized centers, 2 research institutes and the clinic is still developing its infrastructure.
In almost thirty departments of the clinic there are 2 647 employees, 245 of which are doctors. Each year the hospital takes 400 000 patients for outpatient treatment and over 1 million are treated stationary. According to statistics, Gil Medical Center performs more than 25 000 surgical interventions and 1000 baby deliveries annually.
The main centers of the Gachon University Gil Medical Center are:
- Cardiological Center (cardiologic and cardiosurgical treatment of blood vessels and heart, surgical interventions for high-speed coronary transplantation (aorto-coronary bypass), angioplasty, simultaneous lung transplantation and surgical reconstruction of the left ventricle).
- Oncological Center (one of the best in the country, doctors possess huge experience in the surgical treatment of neoplasms of the stomach, liver, colon etc) The unique monitoring equipment allows them to watch the patient's condition around the clock. Advanced technologies of positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging scanners visualize the location of the tumor and its metastasis, which in turn helps to affect the neoplasm without damaging surrounding tissues.
- The gynecological center (for 37 years the center occupies leading positions in traditional obstetrics and gynecology, renders prenatal care to pregnant women, treatment of infertility, treatment of sexual diseases in girls and women of all ages, amazing results have been achieved in IVF (in vitro fertilization) method of artificial insemination Vitro Life).
- Brain Care Center (specialists use conservative and surgical methods, achieved significant success in stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, cerebrovascular and endovascular surgery). Together with the Department of Radiation Oncology in the Center for Brain care, brain tumors are treated using modern cyber and gamma knife devices, and high-tech imaging equipment is used).
- The hospital also has specialized departments of: family medicine, pediatric gastroenterology, psychiatry, rheumatology, neurology, ophthalmology, otorhinolaryngology, orthopedics, hematology, urology, nephrology, dermatology, respiratory medicine, radiation oncology, surgery, neurosurgery, plastic surgery, nuclear medicine and laboratory medicine.