Spreebogen – The top clinic of ophthalmology in Germany confirmed by the rating of "TOP German clinics" according to the magazine Focus, where Sprebogen is placed without exaggeration, every year.
The clinic offers its patients an early ultramodern diagnosis of eye diseases, as well as modern technologies and treatment methods in the field of ophthalmology. Specialized equipment is available here which meets the latest achievements of development in medical equipment.
In Spreebogen extensive repairs have been carried out, and now the patients have 1,500m² of renovated internal space of the clinic.
Diagnostic Center of Spreebogen Clinic
There is availablility of modern diagnostic equipment that can detect eye diseases at the earliest stages.
In first place, this is Diagnostics Frequency Doubling Technology. Thanks to FDT, it is possible to detect diseases or damage to the optic nerve even before the occurrence of noticeable changes in vision. The procedure lasts only a few minutes and is an important addition to the glaucoma survey.
Further due to the modern installation of Heidelberg Retina Tomograph III, the clinic has the means of qualitative diagnosis of glaucomatous lesions of the optic nerve head.
Moreover, the technology of pachymetry - non-contact measurement of corneal thickness using a painless diagnostic laser - is used in Spreebogen. Pachymetry provides important additional information in the diagnosis of glaucoma, as the results of corneal measurements have a direct effect on the assessment of intraocular pressure.
Advantages of the ophthalmologic clinic Spreebogen in the facts:
- Professor Manfred Tetz, a pioneer of eye surgery, with more than 70,000 operations is working here. The world famous ophthalmologist demonstrates the highest success rates of treatment, uses the newest surgical technologies.
- The clinic is certified to DIN ISO (DIN EN ISO 9001: 2015).
- There are more than 17 different, highly specialized lasers (for example, a femtosecond laser for cataract surgery without a scalpel).
- The clinic entered the ranking of the best hospitals according to the magazine Focus for 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011.
- The clinic and in particular Professor Manfred Tez regularly appear in medical as well as national publications, like the best ophthalmological clinic and the top expert in the ophthalmology of the country (Berliner Kurier, Focus).
Diagnostics ( 64 Treatments)
Specialties and Diagnosis ( 62 Treatments)
Features of the Clinic
he Spreebogen Clinic uses one of the most innovative methods of ophthalmologic diagnosis and therapy in Berlin. Many of the technologies that are used in the clinic have no analogues in Europe.
The specialties of the clinic includes: highly specialized surgical treatment of cataract and glaucoma, medical and cosmetic surgery of eyelids and wrinkles, specific diagnostic and non-surgical services in the field of ophthalmology.
The clinic offers:
- surgery to remove cataracts;
- surgery of glaucoma;
- corneal transplantation (DSAEK, keratoplasty, LaMEK, DMEK);
- refractive surgery;
- laser therapy (fractional laser, argon laser, diode lasers, solid-state laser, etc.);
- removal of the vitreous body (method Vitreolyse, vitrectomy);
- modern AMD therapy;
- surgery of the eyelids.
Innovation therapy in the clinic Spreebogen
The clinic Spreebogen uses the most modern and innovative options for laser therapy in ophthalmology. The treatment is under the personal supervision of Professor Manfred Tets.
ILASIK technology is available in the clinic, which is a modern, technologically innovative laser method of vision correction with the highest degree of medical safety. It is a combination of a femtosecond and a wave laser, which leads to ultrasonic results in the correction of visual defects. Painless therapy takes several minutes for outpatient treatment and under local anesthesia.
Also in Spreebogen procedure "facelift without a scalpel" is performed. To do this, there is use of innovative technology Pulse Comfort Technology - weak vibration with cooling the surface of the skin and a low level of pain. Results are immediately visible, the effect persists up to 6-8 months.
Innovative technology Cross-linker, which is also used in Spreebogen, is a method of mechanical tissue stabilization. Its therapeutic purpose is to artificially increase the mechanical stability and resistance of the cornea. Treatment is carried out with the help of UV-irradiation with the introduction of special eye drops.
You can take one of 2,000 parking spaces in the free parking area of the clinic. Also you can conveniently park in the parking lot under the Ministry of the Interior (parking height 1.95 m, the cost for the first hour of 1.20 euros, each additional 0.70 euros).
The clinic is centrally located with excellent access and is located next to a comfortable 4-star hotel near the river Spree.
Metro: U9 to Turmstraße (exit direction Federal Ministry of the Interior / Spreebogen)
S-Bahn railway: S3, S5, S7 to Bellevue
By bus: 245 or TXL to Kleiner Tiergarten