The Asklepios Medical group is a network of 150 modern medical institutions in 14 federal districts of Germany where more than 2 million patients visit annually.
The Asklepios medical group was founded in 1985 and today it is one of the largest networks of private clinics in Germany.
The main focus of Asklepios is delivering high-quality medicine. The network employs more than 46,000 employees, among which a large proportion are of world-famous doctors of certain specialties.
In the medical centers of Asklepios, more than 2 million patients are treated every year. Clinics of this network have a total of 26, 500 patient beds.
The clinics network of Asklepios belongs to the company MediClin AG since September 2011.
It is a nationwide clinic operator and a major provider of services in the field of neurology, psychosomatics, psychiatry, orthopedics and geriatrics.
Asklepios covers the entire range of medical care services. In the clinics network of the Asklepios (specialists, methods of therapy and equipment) everything is available, which the patient may need at any stage of treatment and rehabilitation.
At the disposal of Asklepios there are the MEDILYS laboratories, where more than 18 million tests are performed each year.
In Asklepios higher attention is paid to quality management. Special programs that provide patient safety, hygiene and optimization of processes and structures are constantly updated here.
The network of Asklepios includes:
- six powerful multi-specialty hospitals;
- the largest center for pediatric heart surgery in Germany;
- the leading center of pneumology;
- ultramodern orthopedic center in Bad Abbach;
- one of the largest maternity clinics in Germany (Hamburg-Alton);
- one of the largest German psychiatric clinics.
Achievements of the Asklepios Clinics Network:
- The Asklepios Medical Group is the first certified in accordance with the EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) in Germany.
- Asklepios Stadtklinik Bad Tolz is the first clinic to have a national certificate of CTQ (Quality and Transparency in Healthcare Cooperation).
- Asklepios clinic GmbH has contract withthe acquisition of the LBK clinic in Hamburg. Thanks to this, Asklepios today manages the largest private hospital network in Europe.
- The Asklepios group is recognized by the BQS (Patient Quality and Safety Institute).
- Asklepios launched the first online library for employees, which provided access to medical journals, books and databases in full text format.
- Asklepios is one of the largest operators in the hospitals of psychiatric medicine in Germany, including a forensic medical examination.
- Asklepios has created one of the largest video archives in Germany (available on YouTube channel), which helps doctors and patients find the information they need.
- The orthopedic clinic Lindenlohe of the Asklepios network has created a unique register of endoprostheses in Germany.
- Asklepios is recognized as one of the best employers in Germany (Stadtrod Hospital and Hohwald Orthopedic Clinic).
- In 2014, the cardiologists of the Asklepios Clinic, headed by Prof. Cook performed a 1000-th operation to install aortic valve.
- The Asklepios Hospital in Hamburg is one of the few in the world that uses the bactericidal action of copper surfaces, including copper handles and copper light switches to create a "hospital without germs environment".
- Asklepios Barmbek Clinic is one of the world leaders in the treatment of liver diseases.
- The Asklepios Clinic is the winner of the German Patient Safety Prize.
- Asklepios is a pioneer in online care for mentally ill people.
- The Asklepios Clinic Network - the holder of the BGM Award "Health Management" (October 2015 | Social Responsibility).
Features of the Clinic
Asklepios Barmbek Hospital
One of the main clinic of this network is located in the Barmbek-Nord district in the north of Hamburg. The Barmbek Hospital was opened in 1913, that is, its history has been more than 100 years old. Today there are 1,300 highly qualified specialists working here. The hospital is designed for 676 patient beds.
The clinic is multidisciplinary, but its main focus of its attention are complex areas of medicine such as oncology, lung diseases and oncological surgery. Annually the clinic accepts more than 80 000 inpatients and outpatients.
The clinic has academic status, since it works under the University of Hamburg. This status allows it to participate in research programs and apply the latest achievements of medical science in practice.
The Barmbek hospital also actively helps patients from abroad. It was recognized as one of the best clinics in the world in the field of medical tourism (2nd place) according to the version of the Alliance for Quality of Medical Tourism (MTQUA). Also, the clinic was awarded the CTQ quality certificate (cooperation, transparency, quality).
Asklepios Clinic Nord (Asklepios Klinik Nord)
The largest hospital in the central region of Hamburg. The clinic consists of three centers with a total capacity of 1,800 places: Heidberg, the psychiatry centers Oksenzol and Vandsbek. The hospital is an academic clinical institution of the University of Hamburg.
Every day, around 3,000 people receive high-quality medical care. In its state, the hospital has 2,500 employees.
The Heidberg Center specializes in the treatment of somatic diseases, that is, diseases that manifest through physical symptoms.
Oksenzol and Vandsbek are centers of psychiatry and psychotherapy. In the center of Oksenzol there are 1,000 places for inpatient treatment. Asklepios Oksenzol and Windsbek are considered to be one of the largest psychiatric and psychotherapeutic centers in Germany.
Therapy in clinics is based on modern psychopharmacological, psychotherapeutic and socio-psychological approaches that meet the recommendations of professional communities. A multidisciplinary approach is used in taking all decisions regarding the patient treatment program.
Asklepios Clinic Saint George (Klinic St. Georg)
The hospital is located in Hamburg, the Saint George area. The clinic is the academic training hospital of the University of Hamburg. The hospital has been cooperating with the University for more than 190 years and is participating in scientific research on effective methods of treating serious diseases. This provides it with a unique opportunity to use the results of scientific work in medical practice.
The hospital has 732 beds and has more than 1,500 employees in the state. By its history, the Asklepios Clinic Saint George has become a place of work for more than 20 world-famous doctors. Every year more than 80 000 patients go through outpatient and inpatient treatment. Hospital Asklepios Saint George repeatedly placed in the rating of the top clinics of Germany according to the magazine Focus.
The clinic is multidisciplinary, at the same time it is considered a leader in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. Doctors of Asklepios Saint George conduct more than 1,200 operations a year, most of which are cardiac operations. In 2014, the cardiologists of the clinic Asklepios Saint George, headed by Prof. Dr. med. Cook performed his 1000-th operation to install aortic valve.