The Apollo Hospitals network is the most famous group of private medical institutions in India, whose history date back to 1983. As the first Indian private clinic, Apollo has revolutionized the country's healthcare system. Today it is the No. 1 provider of world-class medical services in Asia.
Strengths of the Apollo network are attention to improving the quality of medical services, reasonable prices, the availability of unique equipment of the latest generation (Robot da Vinci, Novalis Tx, CyberKnife, etc.), as well as active participation in research activities and the development of radically new methods of treatment. It was in Apollo that for the first time in India many of the innovations were introduced. Apollo also established a Proton Cancer Center,which is unique in the country.
The experience of the clinic is best described by figures - more than 50 million patients from 140 countries of the world received modern treatment in Apollo.
The structure of the Apollo Hospital
Apollo Medical Group is 64 clinics in 9 states. At the services of patients more than 7000 doctors of different specialties. One of the best clinics of the network is the Apollo Chennai hospital. The structure of the Apollo medical group, in addition to clinics, also includes pharmacies, health and diagnostic centers and insurance organizations. Moreover, Apollo has 10 telemedicine units abroad.
This provides an integrated approach to the treatment of each patient. Presence of itheir own medical colleges, centers of training in electronic document management technologies, nursing and medical management makes it possible to train various highly qualified specialists whose competence can not be doubted.
Some of the clinics of the network were awarded a gold medal by the most reputable medical certification organization Joint Commission International.
Apollo Clinic Awards:
- Based on the results of the survey of the Times India All Multispecialty Hospitals Ranking Survey 2017, the hospitals Apollo Chennai are recognized as India's best multidisciplinary medical institutions;
- according to the results of the survey of the Times Health All India Critical Care Hospital Survey 2017, Apollo Chennai and Apollo Indraprastha in New Delhi took the 2nd place in the survey of Indian hospitals for general health care;
- the Apollo group was awarded the Dun & Bradstreet Corporate Awards;
- Hospital Apollo Chennai received an award from Hospital Management Asia for the introduction of the antimicrobial program;
- Hospital was also awarded Hospital Management Asia for the introduction of an innovative approach to improving patient care in oncology;
- Hospitals in Chennai is recognized as the best multidisciplinary medical institution in India in 2016, for which it was awarded a national award;
- The Indraprastha Clinic in Delhi is awarded the Express Healthcare Excellence Awards for achievements in patient care and corporate social responsibility.
The Apollo clinic group also has HMA awards in such nominations as: "innovations in the hospital management project", "improving nursing", "developing medical talents", "corporate social responsibility", "improving the quality of continuous care for patients."
Apollo Hospital is a leader in the following areas of medicine:
- Organ transplantation;
The following unique technologies are presented in the hospitals of the Apollo Clinic:
- Da Vinci Robot is an installation using minimally invasive robotic operations. It is used in the field of urological, gynecological, cardiological, gastroenterological and Liver surgeries.
- Renaissance ™ Robotic Technology is a unique technology specifically developed for spine surgery. Apollo Hospitals is the first in the Asia-Pacific region to offer this surgical system of minimally invasive spine surgery under robotic control.
- MICS CABG or MICAS is a procedure unique to India, minimally invasive (a 4 cm incision) in coronary artery bypass grafting in ischemic heart disease. In the clinics of the Apollo network, more than 400 such operations were successfully performed.
- Autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation - more than 700 transplants were successfully performed in Apollo Chennai.
- Fractional blood flow reserve (FFR) is a unique procedure that allows to determine whether a patient really needs coronary stenting / shunting, or perhaps conservative treatment.
- Trans Oral Robotic Surgery (Trans Oral Robotic Surgery) - a unique method of minimally invasive surgery in the oncology of the oropharyngeal organs.
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) is the main surgical method for treating Parkinson's disease.
- Knee Replacement with Attune Rotating Platform Knee Replacement (Attune Rotating Platform Knee Replacement) is a unique technology for the replacement of the knee joint in South India. This is a method in which the full mobility and functionality of the knee is maintained, and the patient experiences maximum comfort. The service life of the innovative implant is more than 30 years.
- CyberKnife is a robotic radiosurgery system that can treat tumors anywhere in the body to within a millimeter.
- Novalis Tx - installation of radiosurgery and radiotherapy in Apollo Hospital. A powerful linear accelerator rotates around the patient and irradiates the tumor from any angle .
- G (Gravity) Scan is an open MRI scanner.
- 320 Slice CT Scan - Total body CT scan in less than a minute.
- Bioresorbable Vascular Scaffold (BVS) - the technology of stenting with the installation of a unique soluble stand, not a metal tube, which slowly dissolves after the return of normal functioning of the artery.
- TrueBeam STX is a state-of-the-art radiotherapy unit that combines the benefits of all previous radiation irradiation systems and provides a faster and more accurate result.